Run For The Health of It! • Saturday, May 13, 2017
Proceeds supoort our annual bereavement retreat for children
Fun for the whole family
- Mother's Day 5k racewalk and Kids Fun Run, "Run for the Health of It" will take place on Saturday May 13, 2017.
- Games, Face Painting and Children’s Characters
- Pre & Post Race Refreshments
- Free Raffle with 100’s of Giveaways
- Massage & Chiropractic Tent
- Personalized Finish Line Announcer Terry Bisogno from NRC & GLIRC
- Sponsorship Deadline is Friday, February 24, 2017 to reserve your sponsorship or for more information, please call Barbara Sorelle at (631) 930-9310
8:30 A M – Kids Fun Run - Untimed
9:00 AM – 5K (RAIN OR SHINE)
Day of Race Check In & Location:
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk
505 Main Street, Northport
Day of Race Entry Fee:
$30 – 5K; $5 – Kids Fun Run
Pre-Race Check In:
Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk
5 05 Main Street, Northport
Pre-Race Entry Fee:
Must be received by May 11, 2017
$25 – 5K Race/Walk ($30.00 after May 11, 2017)
$5 – Untimed Kids Fun Run
- Cash prizes for top 3 overall male & female runners & male and female masters champions
- Medals awarded to the top 3 finishers in each age categories: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+ and Wheelchairs
A challenging rolling hills course includes 1.6K of the historic Cow Harbor course.
Computerized scoring & timing provided by Elite Feats
Final results posted at elitefeats.com including finish line video. Preliminary results are emailed and/or text messaged within minutes of finishing, to each participant who pre-registered and provided their email address or cell phone number
USATF competition rules DO NOT permit strollers, baby joggers, bicycles, roller skates/blades or animals in the race.
- Online Registration at: elitefeats.com
From East: LIE exit 53N, (Sunken Meadow Pkwy) proceed N. to 25A W. Go 4.5 miles to Main St. (Pumpernickels Restaurant) turn right. Go 1/2 mile to Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk.
From West: Northern St. Pkwy E. to exit 42N. Bear right at fork to E. Deer Park Ave. Merge w/Jericho Tpke (1/2 mile) stay in left lane. Turn left on Elwood Rd. Proceed N. past Pulaski Rd. & 25A (approx. 3 miles). Road turns into Reservoir after crossing 25A. Follow to Main St. and make right. Follow 1/2 mile to Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk.
Race Sponsorship Opportunities
- $ 100 -TEE SIGN SPONSOR - In memory or honor of a loved one with a tee sign displayed on the race course
- $ 500 - RACE SPONSOR - Company marketing table at race site to promote your business.
- $ 750 - BRONZE SPONSOR - Company marketing table at race site to promote your business and acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter.
- $1,000 - SILVER SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your business, company name on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, along with your company logo on the race flyer (15,000 flyers distributed).
- $1,500 - GOLD SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your business, company name on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, your company logo on the race flyer (15,000 fl yers distributed), signage at start line.
- $2,500 - MAJOR EVENT SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your Business, company logo on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, your company logo on the front of the race flyer (15,000 flyers distributed), signage at finish line, plus 10 complimentary race entries.
Race Flyer - 15,000 mailed to race participants and distributed at other local races, schools, libraries, running clubs, health clubs and sporting good stores.
All Sponsors -Will receive complimentary recognition in our Community Focus newsletter that reaches an additional 10,000 families, hospitals,
and medical offices. May include marketing material in runner’s goody bags.
Materials for Goody Bags must be delivered to VNSHS by APRIL 28, 2017
Sponsorship Deadline is Friday, February 24, 2017
To reserve your sponsorship or for more information, please call Barbara Sorelle at (631) 930-9310
Two Reasons to choose VNSHS for your Flu Vaccine This Year
- VNSHS obtains the ﬂu vaccine from the only manufacturer in the USA, Sanoﬁ Pasteur, who have 40 years experience in making the ﬂu vaccine.
- Vaccines are given by VNSHS Registered Nurses, specially trained to administer the vaccination.
*We now carry Fluzone High-Dose, for mulated especially for people age 65 years and older. The high-dose vaccine is preservative free
Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk 505 Main Street, Northport or call 261-7200 for more information
Medicaid Part B and Medicaid will be billed directly by Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk, if you bring your ID Card. If you are enrolled in a Medicare HMO or Medicare Managed Care Plan, the charge is $30. You will receive a receipt to submit to your insurance company.
Stop by one of our ﬂu clinics:
- Walk ins Monday through Friday from 10 am – 12 noon
No appointment necessary
*Unfortunately, we are unable to administer the flu vaccine to pregnant women.