Save The Date!
THE LONGEST LOSS: ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE AND DEMENTIA
VNSHS will once again be hosting the Hospice Foundation of America's Living with Grief program:
THE LONGEST LOSS: ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE AND DEMENTIA
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Join us for a LIVE streaming webcast at our main office located at 505 Main Street in Northport.
This program focuses on patient and family grief from the crisis of diagnosis through the progression of the disease. The grief of family and friends after the death will also be addressed. Presented by an expert panel, this program offers 3 CE credits for professionals.
The program is free of charge, but there is a $15 fee to receive CE credits.
Please note that there will be an additional 30-minute discussion from 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm which is required for those who wish to obtain CE credits.
To register, or for more information, please contact: Lorrette Ayers, MS, LMSW Bereavement Coordinator 631.930.9316 firstname.lastname@example.org
The 12th Annual Taste of Long Island
Long Island’s premier food, wine & beer tasting event at Larkfield at: 507 Larkfield Rd, East Northport, NY on Thursday, April 23, 2105 from 6:30pm-10pm
Join VNSHS, the East Northport Chamber of Commerce, and the East Northport Rotary Club on Thursday, April 23, 2015, from 6:30 to 10:00 pm, for this exciting event.
Featuring Special guests 2013 Master Chef Winner, Luca Manfe Hell’s Kitchen Contestant, Barret Beyer Chopped & Cutthroat Kitchen Contestant, Rob Burmeister and Anna and Micheal from LIRestaurantReview.com.
Now in its 12th year, A Taste of Long Island will take center stage at the elegant Larkfield in East Northport in an exclusive culinary showcase that regularly attracts more than 400 attendees. This fabulous evening of premier entertainment has become such a success that VNSHS expects double that number in attendance this year!
Order tickets online $75 ($85 at door) per person
Entertainment, Raffles & 50/50 Raffle
This year’s gala evening will honor Tim Dunne and his family. On June 20, 1997, Tim was injured while diving into a pool–an injury that has left him a quadriplegic since he was 18 years old. Tim, a beloved resident of Northport has remained active in Northport school sports, participating in coaching and team support through the years, along with his family. Tim and his parents recently moved upstate, where his siblings reside.
Proceeds to benefit Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk, Inc, East Northpot Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of East Northport.
CHAMPAGNE - $2500 Company logo on wine glasses Company banner displayed Celebrity Chef sponsor Company name on all centerpieces Entertainment sponsor Room sponsor (signage recognition) Full page ad in evening program 9 event tickets
PINOT NOIR - $2,000 Celebrity Chef sponsor Company name on all centerpieces Entertainment sponsor Room sponsor (signage recognition) Half page ad in evening program 7 event tickets
CABERNET - $1500 Company logo on cocktail napkins Company name on all centerpieces Entertainment sponsor Room sponsor (signage recognition) Listing in evening program 5 event tickets
MERLOT - $750 Company name on all centerpieces Entertainment sponsor Room sponsor (signage recognition) Listing in evening program 3 event tickets
CHARDONNAY - $500 Room sponsor (signage recognition) Listing in evening program 3 event tickets
PALE ALE SUPPORTER - $150 Listing in evening program 1 event ticket
Advertising space for evening program - Full Page back cover or inside back cover $1,000 Full Page $500 1/2 page $250 To benefi t from ALL advertising opportunities, please RSVP by March 2.
5K Race/Walk & Kids Fun Run • Saturday, May 9, 2015
Proceeds supoort our annual bereavement retreat for families and The Hospice House
Fun for the whole family
- Games, Face Painting and Children's Characters
- Pre and Post Race Refreshments
- Free Raffle with 100's of Giveaways
- Massage & Chiropractic Tent
- Personalized Finish Line Announcer Terry Bisogno from NRC & GLIRC
Time: 8:30am – Kids Fun Run - Untimed, 9:00am - 5K (Rain or Shine)
Day of Race Check in & Location: 7:30am–8:30am at Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk, 505 Main Street, Northport
Day of Race Entry Fee: $30 for 5K; $5 for Kids Fun Run
Pre-Race Check in: May 8th, 10am–4pm; Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk 505 Main Street, Northport
Pre Race Entry Fee: (Must be received by May 7, 2015) $25 for 5K Race/Walk ($30 after May 7th); 5K Untimed Kids Fun Run
- Cash prices for top 3 overall male & female runners & male and female masters champions
- Medals awarded to the top 3 finishers in each categories: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+ and Wheelchairs
Course: A challenging rolling hills course includes 1.6K of the historic Cow Harbor course.
Computerized scoring & timing provided by Elite Feats
Final results posted at elitefeats.com including finished line video. Preliminary results are emailed and/or text messaged within mintues of finishing, to each participant who pre-registered and provided their email address or cell phone number.
Information: (631) 930-9310
Two ways to Register
From East: LIE exit 53N, (Sunken Meadow Pkwy) proceed N. to 25A W. Go 4.5 miles to Main St. (Pumpernickels Restaurant) turn right. Go 1/2 mile to Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk.
From West: Northern St. Pkwy E. to exit 42N. Bear right at fork to E. Deer Park Ave. Merge w/Jericho Tpke (1/2 mile) stay in left lane. Turn left on Elwood Rd. Proceed N. past Pulaski Rd. & 25A (approx. 3 miles). Road turns into Reservoir after crossing 25A. Follow to Main St. and make right. Follow 1/2 mile to Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk.
USATF competition rules DO NOT permit strollers, baby joggers, bicycles, roller skates/blades or animals in the race.
Great prized for the Top Fundraiser over $300. Top fundraiser receives a Mountain Bike.
We are thankful to hav ethe support of the following sponsors. Their contributions make our Annual Retreat for Families possible.
- To reserve your sponsorship or get information, please call Barbara Sorelle at (631) 930-9310
- Sponsor this event
Race Sponsorship Opportunities
- $ 500 - RACE SPONSOR - Company marketing table at race site to promote your business.
- $ 750 - BRONZE SPONSOR - Company marketing table at race site to promote your business and acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter.
- $1,000 - SILVER SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your business, company name on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, along with your company logo on the race flyer (15,000 flyers distributed).
- $1,500 - GOLD SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your business, company name on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, your company logo on the race flyer (15,000 fl yers distributed), signage at start line.
- $2,500 - MAJOR EVENT SPONSOR – Company marketing table at race site to promote your Business, company logo on tee shirt, acknowledgement on the VNSHS website & in our Community Focus newsletter, your company logo on the front of the race flyer (15,000 flyers distributed), signage at finish line, plus 10 complimentary race entries.
Race Flyer - 15,000 mailed to race participants and distributed at other local races, schools, libraries, running clubs, health clubs and sporting good stores.
All Sponsors - Will receive complimentary recognition in our Community Focus newsletter that reaches an additional 10,000 families, hospitals, and medical offi ces. May include marketing material in runner’s goody bags.
Materials for Goody Bags must be delivered to VNSHS by APRIL 24, 2015
To reserve your sponsorship or for more information, please call Barbara Sorelle at (631) 930-9310